8th March: NEED TO CANCEL?
Are you are in the awful position of no longer being able to make the event? If so – we’re sorry to hear that! But could you please let us know. We have a list of teams on the reserve list waiting for a place and you’ll receive a refund of your entry fee.
3rd March: COMPETITOR UPDATE – 8 WEEKS TO GO!
Less than 8 weeks to go until we will all be at the OMM Lite and Bike in the Brecon Beacons. The event is already sold out and we’re really excited about seeing you all.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the village of Cwmdu, right in the middle of the
competition area. For those of you who haven’t been to the Brecon Beacons before you’re
in for a treat and as usual we have ordered sunshine!
- Big heated marquee
- Hot food, drinks and a bar from Claire’s Outdoor Kitchen (menu to follow) and remember your meal when you finish on Sunday is included in your entry fee. Three
- Sports Therapists will be on hand for advice and to ease away those aches and pain when you finish each day.
- Crickhowell Outdoors will be on site with a selection of OMM kit and other outdoor equipment, so no problem if you forget that one important item (or want to treat yourself for trying so hard!)
- Drover Cycles will also be along to provide last minute repairs and spares for those of you riding (and some demo bikes to tempt you!)
FAMILY OR FRIENDS CAN CAMP FOR FREE!
BUT spaces for extra campers are limited so if you are bringing non-competitors along
please let us know. Please email [email protected]
to let us know.
ACTIVITIES WHILST YOU’RE ON THE COURSE
- Guided Walk Sat/Sun.
- Local volunteers from Walkers are Welcome will be hosting a guided walk on Saturday and Sunday. A great opportunity to see the beautiful countryside with the added bonus of a local guide with local knowledge. Children are welcome to join in too. We are initially thinking of approx. 5 miles distance but this will be adjusted to suit the group. Interested? Email [email protected]
- Mini Cycle Skills Course. Drover Cycles will be creating a mini skills course for youngsters at the event HQ. The set-up will involve limbo poles, cones and some simple obstacles, rumble strips etc. Young riders will have the opportunity to ride the circuit to see how well they can balance, manoeuvre and have fun at the same time! Bikes and helmets will be provided. A member of the Drover team will be on hand but children should be supervised by an adult when on the course.
- Drover Cycles have a wide range of bikes for hire so if family/friends would like to explore the areas bridleways why not get in touch with Anna who will be happy to help (01497 822419)
- Climbing Wall. The team from Gwent Outdoors Centres will be bringing a climbing wall along. All ages welcome to come and give it a go! Equipment provided.
The camping field is right next door to the Event HQ and you can park next to your tent. We
provide toilets and water. You can also bring your campervan or caravan, just be aware
there is no hard standing or electric hook ups, but Cwmdu Campsite has excellent facilities if
If you’d like to sleep in a little more luxury then you are welcome to stay in one of the many
B&Bs or hotels in the area. Lots more information on the beautiful and wild Brecon
COMPETITOR DETAILS, COURSE CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
Up to 14 Apr 16. Changes to the course you’ve entered, names changes or completion of
competitor details can be made by logging into your OMM account.
After 14 Apr 16. Changes can be made at Registration.
Cancellation. If you can no longer attend please inform [email protected]
. Before 2
Mar 17 you will receive a full refund, as we are sold out this may still be possible after this
date if we have someone on the reserve list to replace you.
More information about the event can be found here
. But if you still have unanswered
questions please email [email protected]
We’ll be in touch again soon and look forward to seeing you in April!